quarta-feira, 1 de junho de 2011

I saw a cake and did not want to eat it

I was traveling from Liverpool to Ireland, very happy, very excited! I went through security and when I got to Duty Free I scanned through the make-up section as I always do. I didn't buy anything and continued my journey through the same old airport routine. Coffee, check the screen to see if the gate is open, another coffee, another check...another coffee and...GO TO GATE
I know you are wondering where did I saw the damn cake, wait...you are reading a story about an airport, there is always a wait. And to answer your wonders, no, I didn't see a cake at Starbucks, I always want to eat their cakes! I'll continue.
I went to the gate, passport in hands, boarding pass, backpack, and then...I saw it, the cake, from behind. I gave my passport and boarding pass at the gate and then I saw the cake, this time from the front. I saw its face...
Well, not exactly. Lets just say that it is impossible to see someone's face with that amount of make-up. Don't get me wrong, I'm a woman therefore I like make-up, I enjoy testing new products, I like having fun talking about it with my friends, I like it because sometimes it makes me feel good. This person, aka THE CAKE, had such beautiful blue eyes and sadly it was impossible to notice them. It was like someone got a big brush, the ones that we use to paint a wall and dipped it in paint (the ones that we use to hide anything) and finally applied the thick, paint to their skin. Hiding here is probably the right choice of words. I thought that make-up had the purpose of enhancing something, not hiding it. Fake eyelashes, please people STOP using fake eyelashes, everyone knows if fake, it is definitely not pretty, and no, it does not make you beautiful. And what's up with the whole hair spray thing here in the UK? Can someone explain that to me? I think hair spray is a new kind of drug that people inject to their bodies and it makes your hair grow (not bigger, not longer) HIGHER during the night. I think it is a competition between girls to see who would make it higher without making it collapse or either is a competition to see who can keep a bird's nest in their hair longer. I don't know, but I wouldn't like to find out what's inside those buns.
That cake was the most shocking thing I saw on my weekend away in Ireland and I went drinking in Dublin and it wasn't as shocking as that cake. Seriously, that must be something wrong with the world. Actually there must be something wrong with women, specially british young girls, that start wearing make-up when they have no breasts, older girls that think that no one notices that their fake ten is FAKE, young women that think if they wear clothes that are lets say, "insinuating" they will look cool or that it will make them look like a true woman.
I'll say something about true women. Truth is knowing that you live in England and the sun will come out to actually give you a real ten maybe once a year, truth is believing that there are a lot of ugly people in the world and they WILL look even uglier with a huge amount of products in their face. And if you thought I was going to say 'believe in yourself', 'you re beautiful in your own way', you were wrong, as I said there is a bunch of ugly people in this world and unfortunately ugly people are not welcome or something so...GO WASH YOUR FACE, look at yourself in the mirror and EDIT. Just choose two products apply them like you want to improve something that exists, highlight your beauty, don't hide it and please don't fake it. And also always eat cake.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário